We decided to create a unique plugin to allow using Google Maps in K2 items and categories. With our demos, you will find how cool it is.
With this plugin you can:
1. Add map with pin to each K2 entry.
2. Choose the map type like roadmap, satellite etc (globally and per item).
3. Choose from 4 color sets of icons (globally).
4. Set locale like English, Russian etc. (globally).
5. Choose the zoom (globally and per item).
6. No need for API key. It runs out of the box.
7. You can now choose the type of pin type (i.e. hotel, bar, restaurant etc.) to add (we have added some most common, you may decide to use any with small modification).
8. You enter the address and the plugin will use the Google geocoding function to determine the correct place.
9. Support for displaying all items in a category into a single map with link to each entry.
10. Supports Google Street View
Want to see it in action?
Demo – K2 Item (single entry). - http://review.styleware.eu/zurich/hotels/item/23
Demo – K2 Category (all entries in a category). - http://review.styleware.eu/
The plugin is currently in “Release Candidate” status, which means – it can be used for live sites, however may contain small bugs.
Attention: In order to function correctly, the addresses entered in the plugin parameters per item, should be very correct and in the manner, which Google uses to determine the exact coordinates. Mistyping or wrong addresses will result into not loading the plugin for the exact K2 item.