The crimson room solution requires patience and perseverance. If you have reached here, then you have exhausted both, we believe ;) Anyway, since you are here, you may as well see the solution:
You will have to pick up these things:
2 RINGS: One in the bowl next to the radio and the other falls out of the window if you keep opening and closing the curtain a few times
2 keys (gold and silver): One key is on the window which you see when you open the crimson room curtain and the other under the pillow, on the bed.
Power-Cord:In the drawer. Use the keys to open the drawer, one of the other drawers will have a CD case - useless.
A Mystery Box:Use the other key to open the drawer and get this mystery box.
Another Key:Just plug the power cord into CD player and open the CD tray, and you will find that there is another key!
Metal Rod: Lift the pillow and you will get a metal rod between the bed and the cot at the head end.
Battery: On the foot end of the bed
A Cassete: Below the table on which the CD player is kept.
NOW, do these:
1. Fit the rings & metal rod on the mystery box at the appropriate slots. The rings can go into any of the round slots.
2. Open mystery box, insert the cassette player and batteries and play the movie!
3. The dancing man points to a spot on the screen/wall. Mouse click that point, after the movie stops completely.
4. You will see a black rectangle. Click on it.
5. You will see a safe that requires a four digit code to open it!
6. Well, let's tell you! The code is 1994 :)
7. Then use the key to open the safe.
8. You will get a screwdriver in the safe!
9. Use the screw driver to crack the doorknob. It will fall down and out you go!
10. Enjoy your freedom from the crimson room